The Office of HIPAA Privacy & Security serves as the first point of contact for all issues related to HIPAA privacy and security standards at the University of Miami. The functions of the Office include:
- Maintaining high standards for the privacy and security of our patients' health information
- Promoting a culture of privacy and confidentiality within the University
- Monitoring the privacy and security of health information throughout the University
- Receiving and responding to questions from our patients and workforce concerning the use and disclosure of health information
- Facilitating our patients' requests related to their health information
- Supporting the University's HIPAA compliance efforts through the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and the training of our workforce
If you any questions or concerns about health information privacy and security at the University, please contact our office. .