E-Update is a weekly electronic newsletter distributed every Tuesday by the Miller School Office of Communications that provides a brief roundup of campus information, news and events. The electronic newsletter MED is published in lieu of e-Update on the first Tuesday of each month, except for holidays.
All Miller School faculty, staff and students are added to the Listserv to receive e-Update and MED, as these publications contain essential information, including benefits, campus construction and disruptions, as well as other important news and information. Employees and students may not opt-out of receiving these important publications.
- Submissions are due no later than 5 p.m. Thursday for publication on the following Tuesday. Any changes to the deadline, including holiday schedules will be posted in e-Update.
- Events can be submitted by University faculty or staff through the ‘Canes Calendar] system. Events will not be accepted via email.
- Information required in the content description includes the time, date, location (complete address if off campus), speaker, topic and cost, if applicable. The first and last name, degree(s), title(s), and affiliation (if outside Miller School) must be included for all speakers.
- All events must include a contact name and phone number or email address.
- Information must be submitted in paragraph format, which includes complete sentences. Do not copy and paste information from flyers or PDF documents.
- Do not type in all caps, bold, underline, italics or any font color other than black.
- Only events being held on the medical campus, sponsored or hosted by the Miller School of Medicine, or affecting all or most of the employees on the medical campus will be included.
- The person submitting the event is responsible for the content; however the e-Update/MED editor reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and/or length.
- Events will be published on the main events calendar Tuesday mornings and will automatically be featured in the newsletter the week they occur.
- Students must have their faculty advisor send items for consideration.